CLEANING YOUR BATHTUB
BATHTUB MAINTENANCE AND CLEANING
Caring for your acrylic tub is easy as long as you use the right products and treat the tub gently. To gently clean your acrylic tub, you can use natural products like vinegar, baking soda and lemon. You can also buy commercial cleaners designed for acrylic tubs. Remember to clean the tile area above your acrylic tub, so the space will really shine.
Your Nautika acrylic bathtub will look as good as the day it was installed following these simple cleaning instructions:
FOR BEST RESULTS:
- Clean the bathtub area with a soft cloth, sponge (safe for Teflon surface) or soft brush and warm water.
- To soften mineral deposits, use a solution of vinegar and water.
- Always thoroughly rinse with warm water after cleaning.
DO NOT USE:
- Abrasive cleansers, such as Soft Scrub, Comet, cleaning powder or scouring pads (to test for abrasive agents, rub a small amount between your fingers…if it is rough, it will scratch your acrylic bathtub)
- Any products with Ammonia-D or acetone (nail polish remover)
- Any products using an aerosol proponent
- Products with harsh chemicals such as Lysol Disinfectant
- Crystal drain cleansers
- Any leave on cleansers
Clean the tub out weekly. Get in the habit of washing down the tub with a mild soapy cleanser and water every week. This will prevent dirt and grime from building up which would take longer to remove.